CB Insights has just released their Future Of Health report May/June 2020.
Key points –
- health data is exploding in size and complexity
- administration overheads are exploding due to regulation
- major US tech players are using these challenges and their unique data sets; increasingly powerful reach and brands along with enormous cash stockpiles to create a better customer experience and a defensible beachhead learning from CN leader WeChat
- trust issues are holding back the industry
- food as medicine is a major trend backed by research and ecommerce delivery capabilities
- the pandemic has created large tech opportunities and partnerships